What We Believe: Knowing and Loving Our Doctrines
Sundays 9/17/23 - 5/19/24 at 9:30am in the Fellowship Hall
No class: Thanksgiving weekend 11/26/23, winter recess 12/17/23 - 12/31/23, or Easter Sunday 3/31/24.
We’re called to not just know about God, but to know God personally. This class will walk through the historic Christian beliefs we hold to at CPC - grappling with why they’re important, where they come from, and how we can grow in our love for the Lord and His Word. Much more than just a lecture, we hope to discuss real-life implications of how our theology can inform our spiritual, emotional, and relational health, to the glory of God and the building of His Church! This class also serves as the requirement for teaching Sunday School and other leadership roles at CPC.
- Lesson 1: Intro - Why Theology?
- Lesson 3: What is the Bible?
- Lesson 4: How do we Interpret the Bible?
- Lesson 5: Beholding Who God is
- Lesson 7: Beholding Who God Is, cont. (Trinity)
- Lesson 8: Doctrine of God the Creator
- Lesson 9: Doctrine of Humanity - What is a Human?